What should I bring to the hospital?
All patients should bring:
- personal toiletries and shaving gear
- loose fitting COMFORTABLE clothing
- non-skid shoes or slippers (slip-on type with closed back preferred)
- a list of their current medications (including dosages)
- any paperwork the hospital may have requested
Please be advised. The hospital provides gowns, slipper socks, and a small supply of toiletries. Most patients, however, do supplement these with the articles outlined above, at least in terms of toiletries.
In addition, if you have an assistive device that you plan to use after discharge (i.e. walker, cane, crutches) but are not currently using, you should have someone bring this in prior to discharge so the physical therapist can check to assure that it is the adequate size for you.